WYLIE MONEY SEARCH


MAVERICK MONEY MAKERS

money If you are looking for a easy automated system, developed by millionaires, and proven to generate at least $354.97 per day from home, then Maverick Money Makers may be just what you're looking for!:click here for more information

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Online Banking

A friend recently asked me what I think about ING's new online checking account. I did not know much about it so I checked out Bank Deal's site and found a nice post. money

The savings rate is ok for balances under $50k. If you have more than $50K in cash, it seems silly to keep it in a checking account. They do not issue check books and you cannot use all ATMs for free. I actually have an online bank account with Citi. I signed up during the height of the dot.com foolishness because they were giving out free Palm Pilots. I still keep the account but I have very little cash in it because the interest rates are sad. I keep it because I can use any ATM with no fee from Citi and complete reimbursement of fees from any other ATM up to a monthly limit which I never go over. money

I actually use my etrade brokerage as a savings account as I have a tax free money fund (which helps since I live in Mass.). And I can transfer funds back and forth from etrade to Citi whenever I need to. I use Yodlee to keep track of all the accounts side by side and to keep track of the log-in info. money

etrade actually has ATM cards and check books for their brokerage and I know someone who was trying to use their brokerage as a checking and savings account all in one. I will try and see how it is working for them... money

If I were to open any new bank account I would choose eloan as they seem to have the highest rates on savings accounts among the better known online banks- but they do have a $5000 minimum... money

0 comments:

WYLIE MONEY